Well, someone does anyway. And while I’m in the midst of winning my first blog award (which is cruising around the blogging community like free money), I’ve also received my fifth follower (hi pehayes4244). Anyway, I’m happy to have received it. So what is it? It’s the Versatile Blogging Award and I was awarded it by twindaddy. Thank you so much sir, I appreciate it.
So here’s the deal. Since I’m now a winner I have some things I have to do to “pay it forward” so to speak. That’s why I said this thing was flying around cyberspace like an internet whore. Here’s what the Versatile Blogger Award site says about getting the award.
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy. (done)
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it. (done and done)
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Ok, I got the first couple covered already, so let’s move on to the nominations. I don’t know that many blogs, to be honest, but I’ll nominate all that I do. So here goes, I hope they’re happy with what I’ve done! Basically it’s just the Blogroll list to the right. So congrats y’all, you won!
1. My long time friend Jessica (hi Flicka!) over at the Chicken Goo For The S, W, P, F Soul blog hasn’t been blogging for long, but she’s always got a nice motivational type thing to say at her place, so check it out if you need a pepping up.
2. Another friend of mine who likes to get on my nerves (I do my best to get on hers), Chrys Gazmik has a way with words and some dark spirits. Check out her place and help her feel a little lively again.
3. Inspired To Write is a great site for those of you who want to get some tips and inspiration for writing. Definitely a must see.
4. Another one of my good friends, Chandra whom I adore, has a great blog called Just Another Body which showcases all of her written works about zombies. She frequently posts these awesomely crafted tales that I’m totally addicted to. Check it out if you want a good, well written scare.
5. Klangspektrum not only has one awesome blog about Pink Floyd and the like, but he runs TWO. One in English and one in German. Check it out, especially if you’re a Floyd fan!
6. Lori Kurtzman is an awesome writer (who does it professionally) and also blogs. She’s apparently found herself new work and won’t be blogging much anymore, but she will be posting her real work on the blog, which is always a good read. Check it out for sure.
7. That wonderful gal who is now the fifth follower of my blog has her own, Online Dating Journal. The newest post is titled My Last Day as a Stripper…… and it had me hooked from there. An interesting blog to say the least.
8. Ringo’s Rat Tales is an awesome blog for those of you who are either already interested or may become interested in owning rats as pets. I love the blog myself, because I am a rat owner. A cool site!
9. If you want good humor at an affordable price, check out Snotting Black, a very interesting read no matter what post you pick to read. Always a fun choice.
10. An old acquaintance of mine, Dawn posts all sorts of good stuff all the time on Thoughts From Along The Broken Road. She’s into sports (which is how we met I do believe) because she’s a stinkin’ Patriots fan and I’m a Dolphins fan, so we bash heads twice a year. Her blog rocks and is typically inspirational as well as entertaining.
11. Even though he doesn’t post much, a good friend of mine runs his own blog titled Urgent Adventures, and he posts some interesting things about those people who come into his Urgent Care and rile him up. A fun read, much like a customer service blog but from the health care field. He hasn’t posted in a while, but I’m sure a few extra visitors might persuade him to write again.
That’s it, I’m surprised I had 11 to give the award to. Now if only they’ll accept the award… but that’s not my call.
Anywho, I did my part, and once again I thank twindaddy over at the Stuph Blog for hooking me up with the award. I’ll wear it proudly.
Now finally, here’s the seven things about myself that twindaddy might not know, which he probably already does.
1. I used to be a play-by-play commentator for a Dayton, OH independent pro wrestling circuit.
2. I’ve spoken to President Bill Clinton on the phone. Twice.
3. I’ve met pro wrestler Batista. He power bombed me.
4. Aside from my two dogs and three rats, I have a 30 gallon aquarium that holds about 20 fish, of about 7 or 8 different varieties.
5. I enjoy porn.
6. I’m a strong advocate for the legalization of marijuana.
7. I have a masters degree in Botany. But not really. I actually would have, but my high school Botany teacher talked me out of doing it, saying there was no good career in it. And now I sell male enhancement tablets. So uh, win/win.